Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sour Smell Baby Stool

A story that has now 10yrs: Habib Belaid


When I left Tunisia I took very little between some other pictures of my note books and a stack of audio k7 on what I recorded each Thursday the Issue "air time" Habib Belaid.
Tonight I hear the news that he is away from the team RTCI and assigned to the archives of the TV. I feel like one of those fetching K7 the bottom of a dusty drawer. I find them labeled dated, and I listen ... I
Summer 99 twenty years, no internet no cd and not too many opportunities opening up to world music, different music research, commitment and deep.
This appointment on Thursday became my little window on the world. I discovered Brel, Cheikh Imam, The Doors, Zied Rahabeni, Miriam Makeba, Rim El Bana Brassin, Nougareau, Oumaima el Khalil ....
Now in 2009, with Zaitouna, Mozaique, in Tunisia, which accommodates more and more of mediocrity and complacency they rob us again and still some valves can survive. They rule out one by one the people who advocate an alternative, a different perspective, a worldview in color. And what else ....

0 comments:

Post a Comment